Kirk Gibson Jersey  FAQ – gwsba

Frequently Asked Questions


I have been involved in an accident.  What should I do?  

If you have unfortunately been involved in an accident, make note of the following:

  • Date and time of the accident and location;
  • Details of other drivers involved including their name and address, phone number and driver’s licence number;
  • Other vehicle’s registration number;
  • Other vehicle’s make, model and year;
  • Other vehicle’s insurance policy details (if known);
  • Details of any witnesses to the accident;
  • If you are able to, take photos of damage to vehicles or property involved and accident scene.


When should the police be called to the scene of an accident? 

The police should be called to the scene of an accident if:

  • A person has been injured;
  • Other party fails to supply their details and/or becomes abusive;
  • Another party fails to stop;
  • A driver appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
  • A vehicle has to be towed;
  • Damage to property.

Police Assistance Line: 131444 – Emergency: 000


Which insurance companies do you deal with?

Classic Smash Repairs deals with all insurance companies.  Should you need help with making your claim, we are happy to help you.


Do I have a right to choose my own repairer?

Yes, by law, you have the right to choose your own repairer.


I was not at fault in an accident.  Are you able to arrange a courtesy car for me?

Yes, we can arrange a courtesy car if you are not at fault in an accident and you have the details of the party at fault.

Doug Flutie Jersey